Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
sudo apt-get -y install subversion libx11-dev build-essential make zlib1g-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev autoconf libtool
Download curl (link)cd to curl dir ./configure make sudo su make install
checkoutsvn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv/trunk freeciv
Configure./autogen.sh --enable-client=gtk-2.0 --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr
Eclipse- Ubuntu software center
- subversion: Subclipse at http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x
- python-dev http://pydev.org/updates/
- autotools (incubation)
- CDT latest (for Indigo, this is currently at http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/indigo
- if "permission denied" error on a configure or bash script run, try "chmod 744 [filename]"
- Eclipse version downloaded was “Classic”, and was selected from this list (here). I downloaded latest, version 4.2.
- Opened Zip file and moved to c:\programs\Eclipse
- Clicked on Eclipse.exe in that folder to initialise. It asks for a workplace folder. I set it to a different volume- in my case K:\EcProj
- Eclipse menu item Help > Install new software, url chose was
the first default- I think it said Juno something. The entries are
not there anymore so TBD- verify name on next install.
- Clicked Programming tools. All the C / C++ checkboxes.
- This might be wrong, but what I did after it reloaded was a File.Import.Import. C/C++. Import code as a makefile project. Then I pointed to the root directory of my FC source directory.
- Menu Run.Debug Config…
Ok, so I made tje sdl client with -DDEBUG -g Followed the same Studio setup as in User blog:Phlox/Visual Studio- WinGDB setup, only change was the exe name Set a breakpoint in dummy's SDL main and stepped down into it. It got pretty far but barfed on the theme. Client.log saysin gui_clear_theme() [themes.c::57]: No gui-sdl theme was found.
Ok, no problem. This was in data\themes directory. Copied that to my test directory and I got the splash screen. Load game had the list of files... There were redraw errors after the selection, and the file did not seem to load because nothing happenned on start. I can checkpoint debug that later. But I could back out and go to Local network game and access a server I had runinng with a loaded game f…Read more >
Root directory CONFIGURE file has lots of interesting flags that are largely unused.
Aside from DEBUG and one time/ low frequency tags, these are the flags of note:
Lots of fiddly ones about Lang, Net, sys
utility\timing.c has a number of code fragments protected with #ifdef HAVE_FTIME. timing.c gets them from included file config.h config.h is generated by automake utilities. The control file is Configure. in the root directory.
Configure. has a line:#define `$as_echo "HAVE_$ac_func" | $as_tr_cpp` 1
This is part of a loop that evaluates a dozen properties and assigns a HAVE_[propertyName] fl…
Read more >
Using the previous MinGW/MSYS environment that I have been using for GTK2.0 client builds, I took the following steps
- attempt to config using ./autogen.sh --enable-client=sdl --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr
- dies with checking for SDL-version = 1.1.4... no
- Download SDL 1.2.15 libraries
- SDL-devel-1.2.15-mingw32.tar.gz (Mingw32) from this page - see development libraries section.
- copied to home/sdl1_2, typed make native. This copied stuff to local\include and lib.
- re-autogen, dies with IMG_Load in -ISDL_image...no
- download http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/ SDL_image-devel-1.2.12-VC.zip. VC notation is alarming, but there is no mingw ver.
- zip has just inc and lib. copied stuff to local\include and lib.
- autogen dies same place
- This forum post d…