Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- May be disbanded in a city to recover 50% of the production cost.
- May fortify, granting a 50% defensive bonus.
- May pillage to destroy infrastructure from tiles.
- Can perform diplomatic actions, plus special spy abilities.
- Ignores zones of control.
- A non-military unit (cannot attack; no martial law).
- May become veteran through training or combat.
A Spy is a full time professional and as such is much more skilled in the arts of espionage than her Diplomat predecessor.
The most inoffensive skills in a Spy's repertoire are her ability to investigate cities - revealing detailed information, and the establishment of embassies. However, if your Spy has gained herself a reputation for clandestine behaviour she will be executed if she tries to establish an embassy.
She can also be used to: poison the water supply of an enemy city (reducing the population); steal specific technology; and sabotage predetermined city targets (note: sabotaging improvements in a capital or sabotaging City Walls increases the risks of capture). A Spy can also infiltrate a city and incite a revolt.
A Spy can also be of aid on the battlefield - sabotaging enemy units as well as bribing them to change allegiance.
Back to Units manual page