Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
First of allEdit
- Some graphics and part of the SDL gfx code come from Michael Speck and his "LGeneral". Many Thanks for his job... but I don't known if he agrees that I use his graphics ( but LGeneral is covered by GPL )
- The zoom and putline functions come from the SDL_gfx-2.0 lib and they are covered by the LGPL licence. I don't use the new lib except for these functions. The AA_ZoomSurfaceFastRGBA(...) function and some others in SDLClient are my invention.
- The "SDL" library.
- "Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer."
- These features make it a good choice for portable games. You may obtain it at:
- To compile the client using the "SDL" library add "--enable-client=sdl" to the Freeciv configure script. See the section below for more information about the configure script.
- The "SDL_image" library.
- This library loads the PNG images (with the help of libpng) and converts them to "SDL surfaces" that can be handled by the "SDL" library. You may obtain it at:
- The "freetype" library.
- This library helps to render text for the SDL client, using an externally provided TrueType font. You may obtain it at:
The SDL client looks for its themes in the "gui-sdl" subdirectory within any of the Freeciv theme directories.
If you have the current cvs version of SDL (or >= 1.2.6), uncomment the
#define SDL_CVS line (36) from gui-sdl/mapview.c
If your CPU has MMX1 registers then goto gui-sdl/graphics.h line 31 and
If you want report a drawing bug in SDLClient then please attach your screen bits per pixel coding.
How to save or load gamesEdit
At the time of writing, the SDL Client lacks an obvious way to save or load games. This might improve in the future, but for the time being these are the workarounds:
- To save, bring up the chatline by pressing Tab then enter
/saveand hit enter.
- To load, start a new game from the main menu and while in pregame enter
/load yourcivsave.savand hit enter.