See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.5.9 Edit
2.5.10 is a bugfix release.
Server / General Edit
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets) Edit
- Fix server crashes caused by AI ferry passengers dying.
- Client/server communication could fail when the client discovered a tile with a text label that was too long. (This could be locale-dependent.)
- The cost to buy "small wonders" (such as the Palace) was unintentionally twice what was intended. (This was a longstanding issue.)
- Capturing a unit did not count for cancelling the capturer's fortified status, nor for unitwaittime.
- The tutorial scenario's message about city growth to size 13 referenced a nonexistent event type. Possibly this was causing "lua error" messages.
- Minor nation tweaks.
Changes affecting other rulesets / modders Edit
- The values of Lua variables could fail to be loaded from savegames, if some of the saved variables referenced game objects (units, cities, etc).
Changes affecting server operators Edit
- The /fcdb command now gives a useful error message if the server wasn't started with --auth.
- Sped up shared vision transfers; this helps particularly when loading savegames.
- Various internal changes which should only affect developers.
- Autosettlers were overvaluing roads on hex maps, and built them in odd patterns for no good reason.
- The "Turn Done" button is now disabled in fixed-length gameplay, since it serves no purpose.
- Messages from the server operator (/wall) now default to causing a pop-up dialog, for new client installations. (Such messages can be used for instance to warn of server shutdown; without this setting, it was not possible to see the message after the server disconnected.)
- Fixes to the experimental Gtk3 client:
- In the Windows build, right-click-dragging on the map caused a crash.
- The minimap didn't update often enough.
- Trouble and console warnings with middle-click popups, tooltips, etc.
- Fix trouble with tooltip background in some Windows builds (but not the one we ship).
Help / Documentation Edit
- Miscellaneous improvements to in-game text and user documentation.
- Miscellaneous changes to developer/ruleset docs.
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: Russian, French, Spanish, Catalan, Polish, British English.
- Incomplete translations: Finnish (100% core, 93% nations), Esperanto (40% core, 14% nations).
See NEWS for older lists of changes.