Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
WARNING: This is a tentative list, by no means exhaustive. See the full ChangeLog contained with the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for older releases can be found in the download archive.
Welcome to Freeciv 2.3.0-RC2Edit
Thanks again to all our developers, who continue to work so hard.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.3.0-RC1Edit
- Fix an issue where a client couldn't find the server to launch it; the client now looks in the directory it was installed into.
- For security reasons, in non-debug builds, the client no longer searches for a server to launch in directories relative to the current working directory.
- Some fixes which may improve the reliability of the modpack installer. ,
- The civ2 ruleset now uses a restricted set of 25 nations, to better resemble the original rules. Loading civ2 savegames from older versions of Freeciv may cause nations to be reassigned; it will not be possible to load a civ2 savegame with more than 23 (non-barbarian) players.
- In the Windows builds, a packaging issue prevented most of the on-line help from being localized, and caused it to be badly formatted in English.
- A couple of strings in the research report were not marked for localization.
- Some server settings' parameters were not being localized in the Gtk client.
- Fixed corrupted display with many tilesets in the Xaw client.
- 2.3.0-RC1 was erroneously built as a beta release.
- Typo fixes in developer documentation.
- New Scottish Gaelic localization (not yet complete).
- Updates to Spanish, Polish, Catalan, French, and British English translations.
See NEWS for older lists of changes.