WARNING: This is a tentative list, by no means exhaustive. See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.2.3Edit
Server / GeneralEdit
- Overhaul vision handling to fix various bugs, in particular for when tiles are revealed.
- Made sure all cities are updated when a new city is founded; this ensures that empire-wide effects on happiness are seen by clients immediately, rather than on the next turn.
- Prevented EOF problems when reading input files (notably, this fixes a spurious "Did not find closing doublequote for '*include' line" error on MacOS X).
- Display IP address as hostname if the hostname is empty.
- Fixed bug where the wrong ruler title was displayed in client's diplomacy dialog.
- Numerous bugfixes and improvements related to log messages and event cache.
- Resolved mild security concern where the server could reveal details about the host upon startup.
- Fix server crashes.
- Fix server memory leaks.
- Fix compilation warnings.
- Fixed a problem where client could not connect to server spawned by Start New Game in the GUI, particularly on recent Linux.
- Fixed incorrectnesses in city dialog when observing.
- Prevented observers from attempting to change city productions.
- Fix client crashes.
- Xaw Added info on specials in terrain help.
- Xaw General bug fixes. etc.
Tilesets / ArtEdit
- Cleanup of oceanic tileset sprites.
- Fixed the display of the loaded L sprite in the Trident tileset.
Gameplay / RulesEdit
- Fixed bug where units did not consume production or food in home city.
- Fixed calculation of various bonuses related to Recycling Plant, Solar Plant, Factory, and Mfg. Plant.
- Fixed bug related to the NEVER flag in technology rules.
- Minor improvements to civ1 ruleset.
- Pick city names first from related (civil war) nations when your own nation runs out.
- More effective enforcement of conflicting nations.
- AI players diplomatic attitudes will now improve over time.
- AI players will change wonder production less often.
- Made AI players take into account the gold upkeep for units paid by the cities.
Help / DocumentationEdit
- Improved in-game help text.
- Fixed the marking of translatable strings and disambiguation.
- Grammar fixes to CodingStyle document.
- Updated FAQ document.
- Updated translations: Catalan, Ukrainian, Spanish, Korean, Italian, French, Japanese
See NEWS for older lists of changes.