WARNING: This is a tentative list, by no means exhaustive. See the full ChangeLog contained with the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Second beta release of Freeciv 2.1.0Edit
- 13 Aug 2006
- The second beta for the 2.1 series of Freeciv has been released. This is a beta version, so it is expected to contain bugs; report them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the source code here
- Packages for Windows available for download from ftp.freeciv.org:
- Package for Mac OS X Tiger (PowerPC) is available for download from ftp.freeciv.org:
- freeciv-2.1.0-beta2.dmg (20.3 MB)
- The Windows packages do not contain a Trojan horse. Your virus checker is wrong about this.
- The SDL client needs an interface theme available separately. The reason for this is that it contains potentially non-free graphics.
- The Mac OS X package includes the "normal" size of the Freeland 2.0.0 tile set.
The Freeciv Maintainers
What's changed since 2.0.8Edit
- For a tentative feature list in Freeciv 2.1, please see the NEWS-2.1.0 page.
What's changed since 2.1.0-beta1Edit
- Fix a client crash in the /load command.
- Fix a cursors crash in the GTK code.
- Fixed science dialog crash when building tag is missing.
- Fix crash if unit moves over unowned fortress
- Fix some crashes in the help dialog.
- Fix crash in lua create unit script.
- Fix ai_choose_help_wonder() crash when Trade is not yet known.
- Fix a crash bug that occurs after an AI has researched all techs and wants to research Future Tech 1.
- Fix possible crashes in network code.
- Fix security problem in attributes code.
- Make it possible to run diplomacy between players in long-turn games by allowing diplomacy dialogs to stay open with players who are not connected and players who disconnect. team research was made mandatory for teams.
- The 'pick nation' button becomes 'create player' button when client connection is detached from any player. Observe button is a toggle on/off, except if client connections has taken a player, then it becomes a 'release player' button.
- Add buttons for diplomacy operations to the players dialog.
- Make diplcost setting affect money transfer between players.
- Don't give air and sea units terrain defense bonuses.
- Helicopters don't lose hitpoints when transported on a carrier.
- Add some extra checks to prevent placement of starting positions on the poles.
- New intro splash.
- New standardized program icons.
- "Leader" unit sprite.
- Many improved national flags.