WARNING: This is a tentative list, by no means exhaustive. See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Welcome to Freeciv 2.1.0Edit
Thanks again to all our developers, who continue to work so hard.
This release includes lots of changes, outlined below. Those who are interested in seeing the detailed changes should check the ChangeLog file.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.0.9Edit
- Significantly improved features for modmakers.
- New default tileset: Amplio.
- Hex-2 overhead hexagonal tileset.
- Flags rendered from SVG vector images.
- High-res building and wonder icons plus brand new tech icon set.
- New city tab on main map.
- City outlines.
- Added lua as scripting language. New tutorial scenario.
- Many new nations, flags and nation information and options.
- New /surrender command to yield in multiplayer games.
- Score now shown in player dialog.
- Reputation removed from the game.
- New borders rules. Borders are static, fortresses expand borders and cities expand more borders with city size growth.
- New diplomacy rules. Neutral state replaced with Armistice. You now start in War state, and cannot cross borders with military units except in War or Alliance states.
- SDL client much improved and usable.
- GTK+ 1.2 clients removed.
- Votes need over 50% of votes to pass. Voting is now only during game.
- First player to join becomes game organizer and sets all options.
- Many AI changes. Improved AI diplomacy. Novice AI easier to beat.
- Palace has a production bonus of +75% under Despotism and +50% under Monarchy.
- New animated cursors.
- Support for GGZ Gaming Zone.
- Multiple units may be moved at once as a battlegroup.
- Built-in theme support. GTK+ and SDL clients shipped with unique Freeciv themes.
- As usual, tons of changes under the hood.
See NEWS for a full lists of changes.