Seventh "beta" release of Freeciv 2.0.0Edit
- 20 Jan 2005
- The seventh "beta" for Freeciv 2.0.0 has been released. You can download it from either of:
- Note that this is still not the final 2.0.0 release. We're getting closer, and this could, maybe, possibly be the last beta. But probably not. We've gotten lots of bug reports but there are a lot of bugs we've had trouble tracking down. If you find a bug please send a report to . Please try to give us all the information possible, including everything you did to reproduce it (if you can reproduce the bug). If you find a crash in the Windows binary include the civserver.RPT or civclient.RPT in your report. If you have multiple bugs, remember to report them in separate e-mails.
- For a tentative feature list in Freeciv 2.0, please see the NEWS-beta page. For a list of changes since beta6, see NEWS-beta7.
The Freeciv Maintainers
This is a nearly full list of the changes since the 2.0.0-beta6:Edit
- Fix for using "nb" as the Norwegian translation (as well as "no").
- Some portability fixes to the compilation code.
- AI doesn't overvalue techs so much.
- Fix a potential crash when bribing cities.
- Fix a potential crash in the AI ferry code.
- Fix a potential crash when an exploring unit dies.
- Don't show empty helptext for techs.
- Fix some compilation problems on C99 compilers.
- Fix a bug when transferring embassies.
- Fix a bug with fog-of-war code in the GTK-2.0 client on windows.
- Fix numerous bugs in the Win32 client.
- Fix a crash when researching future techs.
- Make some server commands have different access levels during pregame.
- Fix some bugs when breaking alliances.
- Fix some bugs with observers.
- Fix some major bugs with autosettlers (the new autosettlers should be a lot more usable).