Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fifth "beta" release of Freeciv 2.0.0Edit
- 10 Dec 2004
- The fifth "beta" for Freeciv 2.0.0 has been released. You can download it from either of:
- A Windows binary is available at:
- Note that this is still not the final 2.0.0 release. We continue to fix bugs, and continue to find more of them. Please send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org, with as much descriptive information as possible. Send a savegame if possible (especially if it will help to reproduce the problem) No bug is too small! If you find a crash in the Windows binary include the civserver.RPT or civclient.RPT in your report. If you have multiple bugs to report please report them in separate e-mails.
- For a tentative feature list in Freeciv 2.0, please see the NEWS-beta page. For a list of changes since beta4, see NEWS-beta5.
The Freeciv Maintainers
This is a nearly full list of the changes since the 2.0.0-beta4:Edit
- Convert source code and documentation files to UTF-8.
- Disable detection of SDL and FTWL clients.
- Add .cs translation.
- Avoid a crash when looking for the names of irregular techs.
- Fix a few miscellaneous AI bugs.
- Avoid some problems when loading CMA settings from old savegames.
- Add error messages for bad --port or --debug command-line parameters.
- Avoid breaking out of network loops when unrelated interrupts are received.
- Improve documentation for terrain types.
- Fix problems when the mapview was made bigger than the map.
- Fix some drawing update problems at the client (others are unfixed).
- Add a graphic for units that are loaded onto transporters.
- Fix some CMA refreshing problems.
- Use transliteration to avoid character set problems on some clients.
- Don't run CMA queries when opening a city dialog.
- Add an option for solid unit icon backgrounds in the city dialog.
- Avoid a crash in the gtk2 client's connection dialog.
- Add UTF-8 support to the XAW client.
- Fix "You acquire gunpowder from a building" string.
- Don't let units sentry on tiles where they will die.
- Fix an AI crash with units that aren't obsoleted.
- Improve helptext for the chatline.
- Improve documentation in techs.ruleset.
- Fix a bug where Oracle had only local effects.
- Add or change some nation rulesets.
- Update web links in documentation.
- Improve tileset documentation.
- Change the gamelog format to XML.
- Allow local games to use non-ascii city and player names.
- Fix a bug with fog of war.
- Fix a bug where saving the game would change the game state.
- Fix some bugs with ai-controlled units and orders.