- This is very out of date!
This article outlines the facilities and services that make up Freeciv's infrastructure.
What we have Edit
- Older versions of Freeciv up to and including 1.14.x use an older Metaserver at meta.freeciv.org/metaserver/freeciv.html
- Freeciv 2.0, 2.1, and later versions have a new Metaserver which you can find at meta.freeciv.org/metaserver.phtml
We use Subversion (SVN) hosted by gna.org: svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/
Bug Tracking SystemEdit
- Since May 2009 the bug tracker for freeciv can be found at https://gna.org/bugs/?group=freeciv.
- The previous bug tracking system is still available at bugs.freeciv.org but should not be used for reporting bugs. If you lack a personal account on this server and would like to access old bug information, log in as 'guest' with password being the name of this project backwards in all lower-case.
We have a wiki at wikia.com. It is the only up-to-date website...
Our forum is phpbb with several custom patches applied and resides at forum.freeciv.org. It is outdated and upgrading has failed twice as of 2007.
Mailing lists are hosted by gna.org: https://gna.org/mail/?group=freeciv
We use the download section on sourceforge.net for official downloads: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeciv/
We host a an ftp at ftp.freeciv.org with anonymous upload activated for ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming The FTP server is down indefinitely. We are using download.gna.org for downloads and the Gna patch tracker for uploads. hima 10:11, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Official Freeciv IRC channel at Freenode. See Freeciv:Community Portal#IRC.
- evyscr has three (now) cron scripts on cvs.freeciv.org that make S2_0 and S2_1 snapshot tarballs. This means I nave an svn branches tree there.
- Wikia provides snapshots of the wiki database: full English wiki snapshot or browse all the dumps to find localized wiki dumps.
What we need Edit
- Translation statistics
- Automatic generation of msgmerged po files
Public servers (Pubserver)Edit
Pubserver was an online service to host Freeciv games and provides ranking and statistics amongst other things. It was operational from 1998 to 2006 but is offline as of 2007.
IRC log bot used to be running (where are the logs?)
- Old website at old.freeciv.org
- Mailing lists used to be hosted by complete.org and old discussion are still archived there. See Freeciv:Community Portal#Mailing Lists