To update a tileset from 2.6 to 2.93.99 (will be 3.0 in the future) you must add some new graphics and update the file format strings. Currently these instructions go up to compatibility with freeciv master commit f0bb6c56d0 (alpha1) 16-Mar-18
The .tilespec fileEdit
- Set format of .tilespec file to options = "+Freeciv-tilespec-Devel-2016-Jun-07" during development. For freeciv 3.0 options = "+Freeciv-3.0-tilespec" should be used.
- darkness_layer was merged into the new layer_order tag. If you used darkness_layer = 0, you can safely remove it. Else, see the bundled tilesets for how to use layer_order.
- minimap_intro_file (also called the 'radar graphics') is no longer supported. Simply remove minimap_entry_file entry out from the tilespec, if you have it.
- Resource now need to have extrastyle defined in the [extrastyle] section. The old hardcoded way to draw resources was equivalent of extrastyle Single1
- Optional: if you have directional unit sprites you can now set unit_default_orientation to control which one is used in worklists, help, etc -- set to "s", "nw", etc.
- Add select_offset_x and select_offset_y for offsets of selected unit indicator sprites
- Add city_size_offset_x and city_size_offset_y for offsets of city size number sprites
The .spec filesEdit
- You can add a unit icon that indicates that the unit wants the player to clarify what it should do. (The unit will pop up the action selection dialog when selected) Define it via the new unit.action_decision_want tag.
- River outlet sprites are now mandatory for all cardinal directions. In earlier versions they were optional in hex tilesets for ne, se, sw, and nw directions. Add the outlet sprites if your tileset is still missing them.
- e_unit_win tag has been renamed as e_unit_win_def. If you use custom events graphics, update reference to the event. If you are using supplied misc/events.spec, it already has the reference corrected.
- If you are using custom colors definitions, add definition for mapview_cityprod_negative. If you are including misc/colors.tilespec, the color is already added there.
How to update a tileset from…
|2.2 to 2.3 • 2.3 to 2.4 • 2.4 to 2.5 • 2.5 to 2.6 • 2.6 to 3.0|