Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To update a tileset from 2.3 to 2.4 you must add some new graphics and update the file format strings.
The .tilespec fileEdit
- Set tilespec format of every file to options = "+Freeciv-2.4-tilespec" should be used.
- The definition of the player colors in the file colors.tilespec is merge with the data in colors.spec / colors.png and saved in game.ruleset. See also How to update a ruleset from 2.3 to 2.4.
- You need to set tilelabel_offset_y in section [tilespec]. This is offset for map labels that one can add to scenarios in editor
The .spec filesEdit
- Set spec format format of every file to options = "+Freeciv-2.3-spec" should be used. (It really is 2.3, as specfile format has not changed since freeciv 2.3)
- The definition of the city images uses a simple, increasing number which is selected via an effect (City_Image). Thus, city.*_0, city.*_8, city.*_12 ... should be changed to city.*_0, city.*_1, city.*_2 ... (The relationship between city size, and possibly other properties, and these images is now defined by rulesets; see How to update a ruleset from 2.3 to 2.4)
- The file colors.spec is removed. The colors are defined in the terrain.ruleset file (terrain colors) or in game.ruleset (player colors). See also How to update a ruleset from 2.3 to 2.4.