Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To update a tileset from 2.1 to 2.2 you must add some new graphics and change the format of a few tags.
The .tilespec fileEdit
- Set tilespec format to options = "+tilespec4+2007.Oct.26"
- Include the editor.spec file from misc/ (or create your own.)
- Rename terrain tags from [terrain_foo] to [tile_foo].
- Replace [tile_ocean] with [tile_coast], [tile_floor], and [tile_lake] (the last one is not mandatory.)
- In the layer definitions, change match_types from ocean to water
- For each terrain tile tag, remove the layerX_match_style values where X is the layer number.
- For each terrain tile tag, add a layerX_match_with for each layer where X is the layer number. Assign the name of the terrain as value, e.g. layer0_match_with = "arctic".
- Rename ocean sprites coast.
- Add floor (deep ocean) sprites - preferably a set of darker colored coastal (ocean) sprites.
- Add lake sprites - preferably a set a lighter colored ocean sprites (optional - will fall back to regular coastal (ocean) sprites.)
- Every terrain type must specify a layer, so for terrains with one layer add l0 between the t. and the terrain name. Ex. t.l0.grassland_n1e1s1w1
- Rename fortress sprites base.fortress_bg and base.fortress_fg (the latter is optional.)
- Rename air base sprite base.airbase_mg.
- Add buoy sprite: base.buoy_mg.
- Add ruins sprite: base.ruins_mg.
New files in misc/Edit
- Editor related UI sprites (see misc/editor.png).