Key features planned for future releases:
|2.5||2.6||3.0 and beyond|
This is a list of features that the maintainers want to add to the next release (ignoring 2.5 which is approaching beta), currently labeled "2.6". Please do not edit this page unless you have svn write access.
Current 2.6 release goals Edit
2.6 feature status: http://mail.gna.org/public/freeciv-dev/2014-08/msg00505.html
TODO list Edit
- generalize requirements GNAPATCH#1338
- Stop the SDL client rotting...
- Figure out a way to add animation to the map drawing backend.
- Start work on a Civilization III style ruleset (should be easier than SMAC IMHO). It doesn't need to be 100% compatible at the beginning.
- New governments rules.
- Improve AI attitudes and diplomacy (ex. AI should prioritize its survival and seek peace when losing. Relationships should not remain static the entire game (war/peace/alliance). Should accept reasonable deals.)
Feel free to pitch in to help code any of the above.