Clients contain the Graphic User Interface through which players interact with the game.
- The GTK Client is the classic Freeciv client. Additionally, it contains the Freeciv Map Editor.
- The SDL Client possesses a convenient GUI.
- The Qt Client is relatively new, but has an improved GUI.
Freeciv-Web clients are played online through a web browser at play.freeciv.org on the Freeciv-Web online server. It is not compatible with desktop Freeciv clients or servers.
- The Freeciv Web Client is the standard, 2D Client for Freeciv-Web.
- The WebGL Client is a high-quality, 3D-rendered client for Freeciv-Web using the Three.js 3D engine that requires WebGL 3D hardware.
- ↑ GTK++, stability, and the uncluttered future (Nathan Willis, 2013)
- ↑ Gtk 5.0 is not Gtk 5 (Allison Lortie, 2016)
|Game Anatomy & Modding|
|Server • Clients • Rulesets • Tilesets • Sounds • Music • Scenarios • Themes • Art|
Event Scripting • Editing Rulesets • Editing Tilesets • More Rulesets • More Tilesets
|Desktop||GTK • SDL • Qt • XAW|
|Freeciv-Web||HTML5 • WebGL|