- Can establish trade routes (must travel to target city and must be at least 9 tiles in Manhattan distance from this unit's home city).
- Can help build wonders (adds 50 production).
- May be disbanded in a city to recover 50% of the production cost.
- May fortify, granting a 50% defensive bonus.
- May pillage to destroy infrastructure from tiles.
- Ignores zones of control.
- A non-military unit (cannot attack; no martial law).
- May become veteran through training or combat.
Every Caravan that is used to build a wonder will add 50 shields towards the production of the wonder.
TIP: You can stockpile a stack of Caravans in advance and bring them all into a city where you have started to build a wonder, and finish it in only one turn!
Back to Units manual page